Tuesday, August 16, 2005

MY PROFILE

I have lived in Los Angeles for 20 years; originally from the Mid-west. ("Scottish" refers to my ancestry.) I am a writer. I have a "past." But lately I am almost a recluse. Because I am so out-going people are always surprised at how introverted I am. I am often told that I am "different" and "deep", but sweet. I can also be shocking, but usually unintentionally. Friends tell me that I am "hard to get at first." I am so direct that some people find me confrontational. What I am saying is what I am thinking. For this reason I have a foot shaped mouth. My sense of humour is so dry that often people (even Brits!) cannot tell that I am joking. However, I am almost never mean or sarcastic, or if I am, you can tell. "Subtle" is not a word that anyone would ever use to describe me. I am a Snake year Capricorn, Cancer ascendant, Sag moon, Venus in Aquarius. (“When you party, you don’t come home for three weeks.”) I don't have cable television or a cell phone. Many people find this shocking. The only other thing I can think to add is: I have certain endowments that people often want to know if they are "real". The answer is "yes". Everything about me is real.

7 comments:

Ron Kane said...

We can post comments to your profile?

Anonymous said...

hi baby its me JILALA!

Scottish Toodler said...

Jilala you mofu-- I hope you read my cockettes post and learned that I am going to resurrect the Cockettes using my new name SHELALA and you can't stop me!!! hehehe... So where did I meet you Cockette's? And just how loaded was I anyhow?????????????

Anonymous said...

have you seen Pickup's TRICKS ? you should - its a
film from 73
shocking
funny
not
resurrectable

mofu?

'PeachBelle' said...

Dear Toodler,
you have a fantastic blog/website... such as i did also, until lawyers started coming out of the woodwork informing me that i was committing an awful lot copyright infringement... aka STEALING.
Indignant is the mildest form of the word to describe how i reacted to all this info, so i checked into several sites pertaining to this subject and great googly-moogly, they were RIGHT.
So brokenheartedly i moved many of my posts to DRAFT status, resulting in a VERY anemic blog for me...
I figured if it came to me thru the mail, it was game to be used for free... NOT.
I figured if i didn't claim authorship to the poems and photos, it was game...NOT.
I figured if it was free clipart, it was game... NOT necessarily (something about bandwidth theft).
I figured as long as i wasn't profiting $ wise from my blog, anything i post was game...NOT.
I even figured as long as i gave credit to the original author/photographer, it would be game... NOT. (permission HAS to be granted)
I figured as long as my blog is clean & wholesome, it would be ok... NOT.
All this, not only for my blog, but if someone else saw this stuff on my blog and thinks its ok to do, and then does it on their own blog, I can be held responsible for THAT too!... GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SO,
a thief i'm not, and like i mentioned i cleaned my house(blog) and now am wondering what the blue blazes CAN i post besides mere words? My own art? Ha! even if i had any i don't have a scanner to upload it.
Mere words to read is soooo boring and dry, i'm a very visual person and NEED the visual stuff too...
And like, how on earth are we supposed to FIND the original authors/photographers to get their permission?
I'm almost disgusted enough to delete my entire blog and say to heck with it, no one cares what i have to say anyway...

yellowdoggranny said...

wow..how cool..how come i never noticed this before...? duh...that's why we get along..we both have foot shaped mouths..ha

yana said...

"The only other thing I can think to add is: I have certain endowments that people often want to know if they are "real". The answer is "yes". Everything about me is real.???? hilarious : p

omg!