Sunday, August 20, 2006

DPF PSA

I was talking to my Mom this morning about my grandfather, who died about six months after I'd moved out here. His birthday is the 23rd and my 21st anniversary of living in Los Angeles is September 1st.

"You should see these letters he wrote Nonny," my Mom told me. "He was once a vibrant, healthy, sane man." (My grandfather is where my mother inherited her manic depression.)

"He was obsessed with sex, though," she added. "Obsessed!"

"You know, Mom, all men are, that is just how it is," I told her. "Really, life would be so much easier for all the genders if we just realized that. All men have an inner dpf. It's not something they are doing to women on purpose. "

"DPF?"

"Dirty pig fucker."

"Oh-- oh TOODLER!" (Okay, she actually said my real name.) "Stop that!" She shrieked. "Ewww!"

She was laughing. But she does come from that Baby Boomer generation, that, even with the Hippies and Beatniks and Glitter Rock, is still really uptight about sex. Everything is supposed to be flowers and Swan Lake and stuff. Even hot monkey love is verboten, dirty pig fucking is illegal. Thank the Goddess I was born after the sexual revolution.

So then I told her about Nitwit's post

"So all of those slutty clothes were actually a Public Service?"

"See how many men's lives I've saved! I'm cutting the neckline on all of the shirts! My breasts are heroes!"

"Scottish H. Toodler!!!" But she said it really weakly, and she was laughing.

TOODLE ON!!!

2 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

you should hear the granddaughters when i comment on some guys cute ass, or how hot soandso is..eweeeee grandma..that's gross...or jamie will cover her ears and go nanananananananananicanthearyou...hahah...
they dont think grandma should think about
or like sex...well, in my case think about it..

Nit Wit said...

After all this time working out I still haven't lost any weight, but my heart has got to be in great shape.