Monday, December 19, 2005

THE SPARKLY SANTA HAT AND OTHER SPEWINGS FROM THE RANDOM THOUGHT GENERATOR



Every year, the desire to wear a Santa hat emerges before the Christmas decorations have been dug out of storage. (This includes the many years that "storage" referred to the garage or back of the hall closet, and not Public Storage!) For this reason, every year I end up buying a new Santa hat.

So this year I decided to make it a custom. Make it official, it looks like you are endorsing it. Suddenly, it doesn't look like procrastination or lack of organization. Call it a "tradition" and suddenly it looks like you meant to do it every year for the last five years!

My new Santa hat has sparkly red sequins and is sexy. I like it very much and it was only $3. See? My people really were Scottish! I can squeeze change from a penny!

On Friday I saw the SOUTH PARK Christmas special for the first time. I cannot believe that I was not stoned or tripping and I was watching talking poop! Holy sh--I mean, OMG! Anyhow, other than feeling slightly nauseous through many parts of it, I laughed my ass off! ("Oh-- this is why people have cable tv!") And I learned a very important lesson: Christmas is about commercialization! Forget all this spiritual, getting together crap! Buy some damn presents!!! And give them to someone!

Ever since I got tagged for that year in review, I have been looking at my shopping purchases. Surely I have purchased things that were not food or clothing that have brought me great joy?

So the other night I was at the drugstore to buy stuff like drano and toothpaste and hair colour (I worship at the altar of Our Lady of Loreal once a month-- she is a demanding but ultimately benevolent Goddess) and I bought this little bird ornament that has a touch sensor and a recording of the bird song.

Okay, so let's just be clear that as a HUGE Xena fan, I am aware that I am a giant geek and completely unacceptable among respectable society, but I LOVE THESE LITTLE ORNAMENTS!!! They are so cute and they make realistic bird songs! I wish I could find more of them!

Okay, nothing makes me happier than seeing a new bird species in my backyard! A day when I see a hummingbird is a great day! A day when I see a hawk is mystical!!!

Alot has been happening over the last few days. Things that I don't like, but also some things that let me know my Angels are watching over me. I am becoming such an expert miner of coal that Jean Richie should rise from the grave and write a song about me!

So often, when we don't have what we want, we think the answer lies in the object of our desire. And really, to have what we want we must learn to give effortlessly. All things are connected, and all things have their complement. To give effortlessly of whatever is asked of you to is to recieve the greatest gifts of all.

I always feel that as strong as magic at Christmas. The giving of things, and the love that we have for each other. The light. The newborn babe and the reborn sun.

The Solstice, and Christmas, and Channakuh, are all about light in the darkness.

"Darkness cannot exist with Light, but Light can exist in the Darkness!"

The Holiday Spirit hit me today, and I have begun hanging lights and wrapping presents! I have determined that this would be a beautiful Christmas, and so it is becoming!!!!

Some gifts may have to be given after the New Year, and oh no! Where is my Holiday poem? I may be a bit behind! Perhaps I shall have to extend the season to Epiphany, or January 6th!!! Don't we all do this these days? It's such a mad rush to get things done, especially when there are so many things to enjoy about the Season!

It is becoming the most beautiful Christmas ever! I feel great hope for everyone and that the war might end soon! And I am sending this feeling with Holiday Wishes to All!!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME, HAVE A MERRY TOODLE!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a short, short Xmas film I made:

http://www.anthologise.com/johnvslaura/

Hope you enjoy it and want to pass the link on or put it on your blog.

Brendon

Astronaut said...

A beautiful christmas?!...well good luck to you.

Cassandra said...

It's nice to see someone who is actually in the Christmas spirit. Even if it took some extra "spirits" to get you there. ;)
I love Christmas lights. That's my favorite thing about Christmas time. I think we should have them year round.
The South Park Christmas is hysterical!!! Love South Park!!
Glad you have your new Santa hat. It's those small things that bring us the biggest smile.