Monday, February 27, 2006

FOTOSURREALIC TOODLE: LIFE IN THE NIGHTMARE

THE RETURN OF THE TOODLES!!!

I have moved the previous two awards and the opening ceremonies up as to keep all the awards together. Scroll down the page, or follow these links:
Opening ceremonies
Fabulosity Toodle (acceptance speech)
Hootanahollernanny Toodle (acceptance speech)

LIFE IN THE NIGHTMARE

Life in the Nightmare is blog about politics, about music, about photographs of Stockport, Manchester, but mostly, for me, it is the blog of a brilliant young artist. An artist and a young man that I am glad to know is in the world. I flatter myself that Sam, the author of "LIFE...", is much like I was when I when I was young, but I think Sam will go much further than I ever did. He is able to see so much beauty around him and often his eye creates beauty where another would be hard pressed to find anything to look at all.

He teases that I am "addicted" to his photos, but truly I am addicted to the lens of Sam's eye-- to seeing the world through his hopeful, honest, discerning visions-- whether through the images from a camera, or his intense interest in the world: photography, music, politics, foreign languages and the cultures of other countries, ciphers and archaic alphabets, and-- lucky for those blessed with his kind and insightful comments--blogging and bloggers. A comment from Sam is always more than you expected, always encouraging and often humorous.

Sam most inspires me, ironically, when he is ranting misery about the state of the world and our "leaders" and politics. That there is a young man of the "next" generation who feels so deeply the injustices of our world and who sees so clearly where there is wrong and where we are going astray, well, that encourages me. Thank goodness there is someone like Sam in the world!

It is with great honour and hope for our planet's future that I hereby bestow the Fotosurrealic Toodle to Life in the Nightmare's Sam!

("Bravo bravo" shouts the crowd! Flashbulbs are popping as the papparazzi try to get a shot of the infamous and reknowned Sam, the artist, the photographer's photographer. Girls are throwing all sorts of embarrassing items on the stage: lingerie, Dali postcards with phone numbers scribbled on the back, written in strange cyphers hoping to get the handsome artiste's attention. The applause continuous to swell until the walls of the auditorium begin to shake!!!)


Richard D. James congratulates Sam on his Toodle!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I am finding your awards quite interesting. I love Sam's blog. I read it just about everyday. It is funny you say that about reminding you of yourself when younger because I have said the same thing. I love his views.
Carry on with your awards.

Astronaut said...

I am very flattered and it is almost hard to describe how happy i feel...thankyou.

BriteYellowGun said...

He is defintely one of the few people who I would say give me hope for the next generation. Way to go Sam!

Astronaut said...

Thanks for having aphex twin present the award!

Mr. Shife said...

Very nicely done. Congrats Sam on your Toodle.

Cassandra said...

Yeah Sam!!!! Congrats on your Toodle!!

yellowdoggranny said...

horay for sam...horay for sam...great kid..even greater artist...

soonerfan78 said...

Perfect choice, articulate and artistic, unlike me, autistic. Congrats Sam, you deserve it!

Cassandra said...

Thanks for your comment sweetie. I'm hanging in there!

apositivepessimist said...

well done sam!!!

*holds onto her undies*...for no other reason than it jest don't seem right to be throwing them onstage at our young friend.

Linda said...

Yeah, Sam is very special. He shares so much of himself with us, both in his posts and pictures, and he is always around visiting even tho he has to blog where he can. He also has what I call a good "shit detector". He shuffles thru the crap in this world and finds out the truth behind it. And he shares. I feel we are lucky to have him here at Blogspot to interpret the world for us...

Rocky (Racquel) said...

SAM! SAM! SAM! SAM! WHOOOOO HOOOO!

(I don't go to too many awards ceremonies - what do you say at these things??)

Anonymous said...

Experience Breast Enhancement in 5 Minutes Or Your Money Back!